As you know, Thanksgiving Weekend is among the most popular weekends for drinking with friends and family. That being said, if you are someone who made the mistake of getting behind the wheel after having one or more drinks and you were issued a DUI this Thanksgiving Weekend, you must continue reading and speak with our knowledgeable New Jersey criminal defense attorney to learn more about the consequences of DUIs in New Jersey and how our firm can help you fight them. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What are the consequences of a first-offense DUI with a Blood Alcohol Content between .08% and .10% in NJ?
When someone receives a DUI in New Jersey, even if it is only their first offense, they face a wide array of very serious consequences, including the following:
- Up to 30 days in jail
- Mandatory license suspension until you install an ignition interlock device on your vehicle
- You will then have to use the ignition interlock device for 3 months
- Up to 48 hours in the Intoxicated Drivers Resource Center
- A $500 fine
- A $125 DWI surcharge
- A $100 DDEF surcharge
- Up to $33 in court costs,
- $75 for SNSF
- $50 for VCCO
What happens if I get a first-offense DUI with a BAC between .10% and .15% in New Jersey?
If you are caught driving under the influence with a Blood Alcohol Content between .10% and .15%, you will most likely face the following consequences:
- You may go to jail for 30 days
- You will lose your license until you install the ignition interlock device
- You will have to use the ignition interlock device for up to one year
- You will have to spend up to 48 hours in the Intoxicated Drivers Resource Center
- Additional fines and fees
What happens if I receive a first-offense DUI with a BAC over .15% in New Jersey?
If you receive a DUI with a Blood Alcohol Content that was higher than .15%, you will lose your license for at least 6 months, you will have to use the ignition interlock device for up to 15 months upon your license restoration, and you will also have to pay several fines and fees. If you have any additional questions, or you are ready to retain the services of an experienced New Jersey criminal defense attorney, all you have to do is pick up the phone and give us a call today. We are here to help.
Contact our experienced Red Bank firm
Our firm proudly represents clients in New Jersey who are faced with matters of family law, criminal defense, business law, real estate law, or estate planning. If you require strong and dedicated representation for any of your legal matters, please do not hesitate to contact The Law Offices of George J. Mardinly to schedule a consultation.